It’s Friday

This week hasn’t been as bad as I thought. The stress level was almost as much as I thought it was going to be, but a few things got changed around.

I did work my 3 days in a row. Day 2 when I was exhausted at midnight (I get off at 2 am) I was wondering how I was going to make it through my last 2 hours, the the person who was taking over my rooms/patients arrived at 1 am. So I had this little conversation with the charge nurse —

me – “Dennis got here an hour early.”

charge nurse – “You want to go home?”

me – “Yes.” So I left shortly after 1. I was glad that I had some snacks and a pop to drink on the way home, I was so tired, but I made it home safely.

Monday before I left for work, I got a call from my dad that the visiting nurse and social worker thought that my Grandma was not safe to be living at home alone anymore. They got her admitted to the hospital on Monday to get her placed in a nursing home. Though the course of the week it has been determined that she has had a stroke at some point, which makes sense with everything that has been going on with her over the last several months. She still hasn’t been discharged from the hospital as every day they have done more tests. Hopefully today she will be discharged to the nursing home. She seems to be in great spirits, almost the best she has been in months. My dad credits it to the fact that she is eating regularly decent meals and taking her meds consistently. I am sure that the human contact is helping as well since she would sometimes go a couple of days without seeing anyone other than her cat.

I just hung up from my first interview with MidMichigan to get a job closer to home. It would save us so much money not driving 60 miles round trip for work. It is more like 10 miles and I could possibly ride my bike. I would like to work in the ER there, but wouldn’t mind an office job as well and I have applied for both. I have the second interview on Thursday.

The boys doctor appointment went well. They are growing normally. Tyler loved watching the doctor help the delivery man uncrate new furniture that was delivered about the same time as our appointment.

In a couple of hours I am off to ladies retreat for some relaxation. First time I will be away from William for more than 14 hours. Tyler gets to go to Grandpa & Grandma Sandy’s house when my dad comes up to take Grandma to the nursing home. Dad is planning on coming back up here again on Sunday to see Grandma and bring Tyler home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: