It’s Saturday and I am tired

3 weeks since I posted.  You know I have either been busy, not doing much on the computer, or tired.  Or is it all of the above!

William for the last 3 days, at least, if not longer, has been waking up at 6 am or before.  This morning was 5:30.  That does NOT work well at this house.  Sleep is an important issue at this house.  I usually don’t get home until 3 am so waking up at 6 means 3 hours of sleep for me before getting woke up.  I would love to have 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep at least, but it seems like it never happens.  Russ has been good about getting up with him for a while so I can sleep some more, but the noise of the house doesn’t make it easy.  I tried darkening the window, since sunrise is about 5:45 but that didn’t seem to help.

I had a job interview yesterday for a night shift position.  I am very interested in the position.  I didn’t think that I would ever want to go back to night shift but here I am seriously considering taking a nights position.  It will take some adjustments, but I think it can be done.  Tyler and William are both going to have to learn to let mommy sleep during the day and we will have to figure out better heat control in our room.  I think we need to add a fan for constant air movement, since I will have to sleep with the door closed for noise control.  Thankfully we have a window air conditioner for the summer heat and humidity.

On the knitting front.  I have just the button bands left to knit on the sweater I am making for a friend’s preemie.  I still have to seam the entire thing, I have 1 of the 4 shoulder seams done, and buy and add the buttons.  I am trying to decide if I am going to mail it to her, she lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, or hold onto it until they might come in the middle of July.  Her mom mailed some shoes about 2 weeks ago and they haven’t gotten there yet when I talked to her on Thursday.  So by the time I get it finished, I almost should hold on to it.  The little guy may finally be getting out of the NICU in the next week, 12 weeks after birth.  He had a few more tests to pass then he could go home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: